If you need to restore a previous configuration by promoting a SnapClone to a full volume, please perform the following steps via the CLI.
SSH into your instance and log in as root.
First, we will create the volume.
- zfs create <pool-name>/<vol-name>
zfs snapshot <pool-name/<vol-name>@today (You can name it anything you like)
zfs list -t snapshot (To check the available snapshots)
- zfs clone <pool-name>/<snapshot-name>
Your Volume is now created.
Steps to promote the snap clone to a full volume
- zfs promote pool/cloned-vol-name
- zfs rename pool/orig-vol-name pool/orig-vol-name-old
- zfs rename pool/cloned-vol-name pool/orig-vol-name
- zfs destroy pool/old-volume-name
- Run 'zfs list' to confirm
Your SnapClone volume is now promoted.