This KB is geared towards customers who want to shutdown their HA pairs either to save cost or other reasons.
- Login to the SoftNAS UI and launch the Snapreplicate Applet
- Next, click on action then Replicate now and make sure that all volumes are in a "SNAPREPLICATE-COMPLETE"
- Next, Deactivate SnapHA
- From here you can stop SoftNAS using two different methods:
a. You can run the commands below from SoftNAS CLI
# sync; sync; shutdown -h now
b. From the platform (AWS/Azure console)
To start the HA pair and reestablish HA
- From the cloud provider (AWS/Console) you can start the HA pair simultaneously starting with the Primary node. The restart usually takes 3-5 minutes for the systems to be fully up.
- Next, Once the systems are up and you are logged in; navigate to the SnapHA applet and ensure that HA is still in a deactivated state and all volumes are in a "SNAPREPLICATE-COMPLETE" state
- Click on the action Menu --> Activate and click Yes on the popup menu to confirm.
- Once HA is fully activated again it should look like the screenshot below.