If you are not receiving support logs to your email, and they are not being sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by your SoftNAS instance's SMTP agent, then these support reports can be retrieved manually.
This article will provide instructions on how to retrieve support reports (logs) manually from a SoftNAS instance without email functionality.
- Run the following command from a system that has an internet access to get our latest support-report diagnostic tool.
# wget https://softnas.com/getsupport/diagnostics.src
- You can use your favorite SCP tools to download the script (
diagnostics.src) to the /var/www/softnas/scripts/ directory of the server in question
- SSH to the server in question, and change directory (cd) to /var/www/softnas/scripts/ then type the following command:
chown root.root diagnostics.src
chmod 755 diagnostics.src
- The exported file should then appear in the directory under /tmp/softnas-report.xxxx.tgz
- Change the permissions of the support report to prepare for download from the server:
# chmod 644 /tmp/softnas-report.*.tgz
- WinSCP that file from the server.