iSCSI HA VMware Setup
To configure iSCSI for HA operation with VMware, use the following instructions.
- Locate the Virtual IP address assigned during SNAP HA™ installation.
Note: The example for this guide will use 172.16.150.234.
- Go to the ESXi host through VI client and create a new standard switch with a new vmkernel. Align the IP with the same subnet of the existing VIP.
Note: Ensure a free physical NIC on the ESXi host.
- Within the ESXi host: Configuration > Networking > Add Networking
- Choose VMkernel and click Next.
- Choose an available physical NIC. Click Next.
- Enter an IP that corresponds to the existing VIP's subnet. Click Next and then OK.
- Next go to configuration tab – > storage adapters and click properties
- On the network configuration tab click add to add the vmkernel which we will use for iscsi port binding.
- Then on "Dynamic discovery" click "Add" to put our VIP address press OK and on rescan choose Yes.
- ESXi has now found the iSCSi controller. Add the Datastore and follow the prompts.
Configuration > Storage > Add Storage > Disk LUN